Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified IntercontinentalExchange Group ( ICE) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified IntercontinentalExchange Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ICE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $169.2 million.
- ICE has traded 525,464 shares today.
- ICE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ICE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ICE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ICE: IntercontinentalExchange Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates a network of regulated exchanges and clearing houses for financial and commodity markets primarily in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Europe, and Brazil. ICE has a PE ratio of 26.0. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate IntercontinentalExchange Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for IntercontinentalExchange Group has been 750,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. IntercontinentalExchange Group has a market cap of $15.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 18.2% with 2.15 days to cover. Shares are up 59.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates IntercontinentalExchange Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 63.35% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ICE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- INTERCONTINENTALEXCHANGE GRP has improved earnings per share by 7.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, INTERCONTINENTALEXCHANGE GRP increased its bottom line by earning $7.52 versus $6.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.25 versus $7.52).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for INTERCONTINENTALEXCHANGE GRP is currently very high, coming in at 80.85%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 41.82% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full IntercontinentalExchange Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.