Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Northstar Realty Finance Corporation ( NRF) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Northstar Realty Finance Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NRF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.4 million.
- NRF traded 867,907 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:13 AM, representing 39.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NRF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NRF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NRF: NorthStar Realty Finance Corp., a real estate investment trust (REIT), operates as a commercial real estate (CRE) investment and asset management company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 8.4%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Northstar Realty Finance Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Northstar Realty Finance Corporation has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Northstar Realty Finance has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 18% with 16.82 days to cover. Shares are up 43.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Northstar Realty Finance Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's net income has been quite unimpressive. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NRF's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 50.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 38.73% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 48.87% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for NORTHSTAR REALTY FINANCE CP is rather high; currently it is at 61.93%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -71.54% is in-line with the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 5.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from -$142.91 million to -$135.44 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, NORTHSTAR REALTY FINANCE CP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Northstar Realty Finance Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.