Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Home Depot ( HD) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Home Depot fell $0.99 (-1.2%) to $78.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,427,346 shares of Home Depot exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,952,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $78.40-$79.93 after having opened the day at $79.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.60. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Lumber Liquidators Holdings ( LL), down 13.7%, Village Super Market ( VLGEA), down 8.0%, Burlington Stores ( BURL), down 7.8% and Pep Boys - Manny Moe & Jack ( PBY), down 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Home Depot Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.