Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Berkshire Hathaway ( BRK.B) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Berkshire Hathaway fell $1.53 (-1.3%) to $115.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,956,064 shares of Berkshire Hathaway exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,490,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $115.60-$117.15 after having opened the day at $117.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $117.14. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: NMI Holdings Inc Class A ( NMIH), down 6.2%, MBIA ( MBI), down 3.5%, National Interstate Corporation ( NATL), down 3.4% and Assured Guaranty ( AGO), down 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Berkshire Hathaway Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.