Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum fell $0.93 (-1.1%) to $85.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,380,528 shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,848,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $85.19-$87.28 after having opened the day at $86.19 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.19. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Syntroleum Corporation ( SYNM), down 13.5%, Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), down 9.6%, Triangle Petroleum ( TPLM), down 8.5% and Double Eagle Petroleum Company ( DBLE), down 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.