Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gilead ( GILD) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Gilead fell $2.38 (-3.2%) to $72.81 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 25,701,651 shares of Gilead exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,913,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $70.23-$75.10 after having opened the day at $75.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.19. Other companies within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Mast Therapeutics ( MSTX), down 42.9%, TG Therapeutics ( TGTX), down 10.5%, NuPathe ( PATH), down 10.4% and Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals ( CYCC), down 10.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Gilead Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.