Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trinity Industries ( TRN) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Trinity Industries rose $1.55 (3.1%) to $51.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,809,653 shares of Trinity Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,171,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.51-$53.63 after having opened the day at $52.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.05. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Vitran Corporation ( VTNC), up 11.0%, China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), up 5.3%, Copa Holdings ( CPA), up 4.9% and Paragon Shipping ( PRGN), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Trinity Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.