Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry rose $0.22 (3.8%) to $5.97 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 40,292,328 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 21,650,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.44-$6.05 after having opened the day at $5.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.75. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: ARC Group Worldwide ( ARCW), up 22.1%, Trunkbow International Holdings ( TBOW), up 11.8%, Alaska Communications Systems Group ( ALSK), up 8.2% and WPCS International ( WPCS), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.