Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Advance Auto Parts ( AAP) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Advance Auto Parts rose $5.12 (4.9%) to $109.45 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,707,505 shares of Advance Auto Parts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 822,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $105.23-$111.53 after having opened the day at $105.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $104.33. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Vitran Corporation ( VTNC), up 11.0%, Huttig Building Products ( HBPI), up 9.9%, Odyssey Marine Exploration ( OMEX), up 8.6% and Career Education Corporation ( CECO), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Advance Auto Parts Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.