Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. AutoZone ( AZO) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, AutoZone rose $14.52 (3.2%) to $471.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 965,242 shares of AutoZone exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 261,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $461.61-$484.16 after having opened the day at $467.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $457.34. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Advance Auto Parts ( AAP), up 4.9%, Liberator Medical Holdings ( LBMH), up 4.9%, J.C. Penney ( JCP), up 3.6% and Fairway Group Holdings Corp Class A ( FWM), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full AutoZone Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.