Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Blackstone Group ( BX) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Blackstone Group rose $0.70 (2.5%) to $29.21 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,625,017 shares of Blackstone Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,869,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28.50-$29.26 after having opened the day at $28.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.51. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares ( NUGT), up 11.6%, E-House China Holdings ( EJ), up 11.1%, Stewardship Financial Corporation ( SSFN), up 10.2% and Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), up 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Blackstone Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.