Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Chesapeake Energy rose $0.43 (1.6%) to $26.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,769,053 shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,374,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.41-$27.10 after having opened the day at $26.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.38. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: HyperDynamics Corporation ( HDY), up 9.5%, Jones Energy Inc Class A ( JONE), up 6.2%, Antero Resources ( AR), up 4.7% and Blackhawk Network Holdings ( HAWK), up 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.