Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Noble Energy ( NBL) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Noble Energy rose $0.89 (1.3%) to $69.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,425,661 shares of Noble Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,902,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $68.31-$69.76 after having opened the day at $68.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.59. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: North American Palladium ( PAL), up 23.7%, Tanzanian Royalty Exploration Corporation ( TRX), up 16.6%, Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), up 16.0% and International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), up 13.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Noble Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.