Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Johnson Controls ( JCI) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Johnson Controls rose $0.54 (1.1%) to $51.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,370,436 shares of Johnson Controls exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,044,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.09-$51.70 after having opened the day at $51.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.91. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Dorman Products ( DORM), up 3.2%, China Automotive Systems ( CAAS), up 3.1%, Motorcar Parts of America ( MPAA), up 2.2% and Hyster-Yale Materials Handling Inc Class A ( HY), up 2.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.