- Net loss for the quarter was reduced by over $0.9 million from a year ago and $0.3 million sequentially.
- Sequential revenue increased by $0.9 million, driven by strong growth in Clinical Labs, which offset continued general market weakness affecting Life Sciences.
- EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization) improved by $0.8 million sequentially, and $1.0 million year-over-year.
- Sequentially, gross margins showed improvement across the board, up $1.1 million.
- Gross profit, as a percentage of revenues, improved sequentially from 41% to 44%.
- Operating expenses, relating to SG&A, declined $0.9 million or 8% over the prior year.
Enzo Biochem Inc. (NYSE:ENZ) today reported results for the fiscal first quarter ended October 31, 2013. Highlights include: