Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings ( LH) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $86.1 million.
- LH is down 3.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LH: Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings operates as an independent clinical laboratory company worldwide. LH has a PE ratio of 16.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings has been 688,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Laboratory Corporation of America has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.83 and a short float of 9.2% with 10.00 days to cover. Shares are up 15.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity, increase in stock price during the past year and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LABORATORY CP OF AMER HLDGS has improved earnings per share by 6.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LABORATORY CP OF AMER HLDGS increased its bottom line by earning $5.98 versus $5.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.03 versus $5.98).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, LABORATORY CP OF AMER HLDGS's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $234.20 million or 14.91% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 14.91%, LABORATORY CP OF AMER HLDGS is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 324.99%.
- You can view the full Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.