- GG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $168.5 million.
- GG traded 13,700 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:20 AM.
- GG is up 2% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GG: Goldcorp Inc. engages in the acquisition, development, exploration, and operation of precious metal properties in Canada, the United States, Mexico, and Central and South America. It primarily explores for gold ores, as well as for silver, copper, lead, and zinc ores. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Goldcorp a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Goldcorp has been 8.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Goldcorp has a market cap of $16.9 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 43.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Goldcorp as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.81 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- 42.73% is the gross profit margin for GOLDCORP INC which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, GG's net profit margin of 0.53% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, GOLDCORP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $274.00 million or 36.86% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, GOLDCORP INC has marginally lower results.
- You can view the full Goldcorp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.