Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BRE Properties ( BRE) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, BRE Properties fell $1.35 (-2.3%) to $57.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,910,536 shares of BRE Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 745,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $57.90-$59.39 after having opened the day at $58.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.34. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), down 5.0%, Stag Industrial ( STAG), down 3.2%, Rouse Properties ( RSE), down 3.1% and Forest City ( FCE.A), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BRE Properties Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.