Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Halliburton Company ( HAL) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Halliburton Company fell $0.65 (-1.3%) to $49.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,394,806 shares of Halliburton Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,113,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.73-$50.75 after having opened the day at $50.70 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.56. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Genie Energy Ltd Class B ( GNE), down 22.9%, New Concept Energy ( GBR), down 16.1%, Newfield Exploration Company ( NFX), down 8.0% and Lilis Energy ( LLEX), down 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Halliburton Company Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.