Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Avnet ( AVT) pushed the Wholesale industry higher today making it today's featured wholesale winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Avnet rose $0.44 (1.1%) to $41.39 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,097,120 shares of Avnet exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 825,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.07-$41.75 after having opened the day at $41.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.95. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that increased today were: Hudson Technology ( HDSN), up 40.8%, Sysco Corporation ( SYY), up 9.7%, China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), up 6.4% and Macquarie Infrastructure Company ( MIC), up 4.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Avnet Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.