Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose $0.75 (1.5%) to $51.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,514,156 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,283,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.27-$52.63 after having opened the day at $51.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.20. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: TravelCenters of America ( TA), up 7.2%, Cabela's ( CAB), up 3.8%, KAR Auction Services ( KAR), up 3.1% and Charles & Colvard ( CTHR), up 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.