Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Discover Financial Services ( DFS) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Discover Financial Services rose $0.70 (1.3%) to $53.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,745,805 shares of Discover Financial Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,090,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.88-$53.58 after having opened the day at $52.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.77. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Value Line ( VALU), up 10.0%, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 3X Shares ( NUGT), up 7.0%, Consumer Portfolio Services ( CPSS), up 6.4% and Sorrento Therapeutics ( SRNE), up 6.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Discover Financial Services Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.