Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical rose $1.53 (3.9%) to $40.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 13,826,527 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,014,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $39.27-$40.81 after having opened the day at $39.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.27. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: REX American Resources ( REX), up 8.1%, Arabian American Development Company ( ARSD), up 6.1%, American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), up 3.9% and PolyOne Corporation ( POL), up 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.