Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. HDFC Bank ( HDB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank rose $0.77 (2.2%) to $36.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,167,372 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 900,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.55-$36.82 after having opened the day at $36.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.71. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: QC Holdings ( QCCO), up 8.9%, Credit Suisse ( UGAZ), up 7.6%, VelocityShares 3x Long Silver ETN linked to ( USLV), up 6.0% and ICICI Bank ( IBN), up 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full HDFC Bank Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.