Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation ( KS) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.8 million.
- KS has traded 200,786 shares today.
- KS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KS: KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation engages in the production, sale, and export of unbleached kraft paper products and corrugated products in the United States and internationally. KS has a PE ratio of 26.8. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation has been 332,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. KapStone Paper And Packaging has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 1.38 and a short float of 6.1% with 9.27 days to cover. Shares are up 134% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 2.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 142.10% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 138.60% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Paper & Forest Products industry. The net income increased by 142.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.35 million to $44.41 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 142.78% to $98.21 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KAPSTONE PAPER & PACKAGING has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.57%.
- KAPSTONE PAPER & PACKAGING reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, KAPSTONE PAPER & PACKAGING reported lower earnings of $1.32 versus $2.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.93 versus $1.32).
- You can view the full KapStone Paper And Packaging Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.