- CLX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $113.0 million.
- CLX has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- CLX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CLX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CLX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CLX: The Clorox Company manufactures and markets consumer and professional products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. CLX has a PE ratio of 21.6. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Clorox Company a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Clorox Company has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Clorox has a market cap of $12.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.49 and a short float of 9% with 9.69 days to cover. Shares are up 26.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Clorox Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to other companies in the Household Products industry and the overall market, CLOROX CO/DE's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CLX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- CLOROX CO/DE's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CLOROX CO/DE increased its bottom line by earning $4.32 versus $4.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.55 versus $4.32).
- 46.11% is the gross profit margin for CLOROX CO/DE which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CLX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.97% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Clorox Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.