NTT Communications Corporation (NTT Com), the data, cloud and international communications business within NTT (NYSE: NTT), today announced NTT Communications Cloud Recovery has received the highest score for product rating in Gartner’s “ Critical Capabilities for Recovery as a Service 1” report G00247389, published 7 November 2013. This report focused on seven critical capabilities that are essential to the selection of RaaS providers, and services that are the best fits with an organization’s business and IT operations management (ITOM) requirements. To request a copy of the report please go to: http://ww2.us.ntt.com/lp/gartnerraasreport12-2013.html, or stop by NTT Communications’ booth #112 at the Gartner Data Center Conference, December 9-12 at The Venetian Resort Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV. Gartner estimates that the global RaaS market will be approximately $564 million in 2013, with a projected compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of at least 21% during the next three years (see Gartner’s “Market Trends: Assessment of the Rapidly Growing Market for Cloud-Based Recovery Services 2”). For businesses looking to deploy RaaS during the next 12 months, Gartner assessed how NTT Communications delivers managed recovery against the documented critical capabilities and reported on key findings.
- NTT Communications Cloud Recovery received the highest score for product rating, the highest scores in three of the four use cases: mission-critical workload recovery, extended recovery operations, and managed service failover; as well as the highest score for overall use case. The overall use case score is the result of composite scoring for each provider’s service, which is the average of the four different use cases.
- NTT Communications Cloud Recovery earned the highest combined score for critical capabilities.
- NTT Communications Cloud Recovery was rated the highest for mission-critical workload recovery use case, extended recovery operations use case, and managed service failover use case. In each of these use cases, NTT Communications Cloud Recovery was assessed with the highest combined scores for all critical criteria.
NTT Communications Cloud RecoveryCloud Recovery, which is part of NTT Communications’ Recovery as a Service Data Protection Suite, is supported by globally networked data center infrastructure. The service was announced at VMworld in August of 2012. The primary market for NTT Communications is large multinational companies that require recovery capabilities across diverse geographical regions. The service management model is primarily self-service, supported by Geminare’s operations and data replication management software. The service delivery cloud is based on VMware’s vCloud and all VM formats are supported. VM and related production data replications to the NTT Communications Enterprise Cloud are near real time. Hybrid configurations composed of activated VMs and colocated physical servers are also supported. A service delivery infrastructure availability level of 99.97% is formally committed. Typically, clients purchase a total amount of computing and storage resources required for their recovery environment, plus a monthly fee for each VM replicated. Clients can add additional resources in the portal for recovery testing, and failover and activated resources are billed to clients on a minute-by-minute basis. Service Strengths
- The service is completely agnostic with respect to supporting either virtual or physical production servers allowing virtually every environment to be protected in the NTT Com Enterprise Cloud.
- Provider encryption of data at rest is supported within the NTT Com Enterprise Cloud. An industry first which allows the customer to maintain complete control of the encryption keys.
- Clients are entitled by contract to additional recovery tests per server per year at no additional cost.
- Clients are able to burst their computing resources within the global NTT Com Enterprise Cloud by logging into a portal and spinning up those additional resources.
- While data is being replicated, testing (called “Health Checks”) can be performed that power up the application, mount the data, and test application access and the underlying data integrity.
- Detailed audit logs are maintained for all data protection and recovery operations, enabling auditors to verify regulatory compliance.
|NTT Com’s Recovery as a Service for U.S. Customers:||http://bit.ly/1cw3SNy|
|NTT Com’s Cloud Recovery for U.S. Customers:||http://bit.ly/HUBifQ|
|NTT Communications’ Enterprise Cloud:||http://bit.ly/1axfEep|
|NTT Communications Blog:||www.nttcom.tv/|
|Gartner’s “Critical Capabilities for Recovery as a Service”:||http://www.gartner.com/id=2620015|
|Gartner Data Center Conference:||http://gtnr.it/ePeXdj|
1Gartner, Inc., “Critical Capabilities for Recovery as a Service,” John P. Morency, Robert Naegle, 07 November 2013.2Gartner, Inc., “Market Trends: Assessment of the Rapidly Growing Market for Cloud-Based Recovery Services,” John Morency, Christine Tenneson, Kevin Knox, Ed Anderson, Warren Bell, 01 February 2013. About NTT Communications Corporation NTT Communications provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including IPv4/IPv6 Global Tier-1 IP Network, Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching more than 190 countries/regions, and over 150 secure data centers. NTT Communications’ solutions leverage the global resources of NTT Group companies including Dimension Data, NTT DOCOMO and NTT DATA. www.ntt.com | Twitter@NTT Communications | Facebook@NTT Communications | LinkedIn@NTT For U.S. product and service information, please visit www.us.ntt.com Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. NTT, NTT Communications, and the NTT Communications logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of NIPPON TELEGRAPH AND TELEPHONE CORPORATION and/or its affiliates. All other referenced product names are trademarks of their respective owners. © 2013 NTT Communications