Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gap ( GPS) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Gap fell $0.78 (-1.9%) to $39.46 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,069,738 shares of Gap exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,678,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $38.83-$40.20 after having opened the day at $40.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.24. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Big Lots ( BIG), down 12.6%, American Eagle Outfitters ( AEO), down 9.4%, J.C. Penney ( JCP), down 8.7% and Sears Hometown & Outlet Stores ( SHOS), down 4.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Gap Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.