Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cablevision Systems ( CVC) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Cablevision Systems fell $0.21 (-1.3%) to $16.00 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,938,723 shares of Cablevision Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,685,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.86-$16.43 after having opened the day at $16.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.21. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Point.360 ( PTSX), down 4.8%, Pandora Media ( P), down 2.9%, McClatchy Company ( MNI), down 2.2% and NTN Buzztime ( NTN), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.