Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Suncor Energy ( SU) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Suncor Energy fell $0.54 (-1.6%) to $33.56 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6,808,663 shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,651,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.40-$34.27 after having opened the day at $34.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.10. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: InterOil Corporation ( IOC), down 37.4%, Genie Energy Ltd Class B ( GNE), down 11.0%, Exeter Resource Corporation ( XRA), down 8.9% and Gastar Exploration ( GST), down 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.