Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Union Pacific ( UNP) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Union Pacific rose $1.97 (1.2%) to $164.34 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,730,005 shares of Union Pacific exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,218,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $163.08-$165.14 after having opened the day at $163.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $162.37. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Seanergy Maritime Holdings ( SHIP), up 5.8%, ModusLink Global Solutions ( MLNK), up 4.4%, Taminco ( TAM), up 4.0% and DHT Holdings ( DHT), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Union Pacific Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.