Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications rose $0.57 (1.2%) to $49.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10,761,502 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,203,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.95-$49.60 after having opened the day at $49.25 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.91. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: eOn Communications Corporation ( EONC), up 12.3%, Elephant Talk Communications ( ETAK), up 11.3%, On Track Innovations ( OTIV), up 8.0% and Cbeyond ( CBEY), up 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.