Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial rose $1.21 (1.4%) to $88.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,198,205 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,141,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $88.83-$89.70 after having opened the day at $88.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.70. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Kemper ( KMPR), up 5.9%, Citizens ( CIA), up 4.0%, Global Indemnity ( GBLI), up 3.7% and Phoenix Companies ( PNX), up 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.