Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar rose $1.09 (1.3%) to $85.50 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,514,632 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,070,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $84.93-$85.58 after having opened the day at $85.06 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.41. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Ballard Power Systems ( BLDP), up 18.9%, Argan ( AGX), up 17.7%, Tri-Tech ( TRIT), up 16.6% and ZBB Energy Corporation ( ZBB), up 11.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.