Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Texas Instruments ( TXN) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Texas Instruments rose $0.83 (1.9%) to $43.49 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,730,690 shares of Texas Instruments exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,015,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $43.01-$43.56 after having opened the day at $43.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.66. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Plug Power ( PLUG), up 13.8%, Intevac ( IVAC), up 9.8%, Applied Optoelectronics ( AAOI), up 9.5% and Ixia ( XXIA), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Texas Instruments Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.