Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Colgate-Palmolive Company ( CL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Colgate-Palmolive Company rose $1.12 (1.7%) to $65.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,386,664 shares of Colgate-Palmolive Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,015,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.09-$65.87 after having opened the day at $65.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.54. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: China New Borun Corporation ( BORN), up 22.4%, Farmer Bros ( FARM), up 9.3%, Tandy Brands Accessories ( TBAC), up 7.7% and Verso Paper ( VRS), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Colgate-Palmolive Company Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.