Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Schlumberger ( SLB) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Schlumberger rose $1.28 (1.5%) to $88.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,086,609 shares of Schlumberger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,979,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.77-$88.53 after having opened the day at $88.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $86.87. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Metabolix ( MBLX), up 52.3%, Tonix Pharmaceuticals ( TNXP), up 30.6%, Andatee China Marine Fuel Services Corporat ( AMCF), up 26.8% and Double Eagle Petroleum Company ( DBLE), up 9.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.