Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. United Technologies ( UTX) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, United Technologies rose $2.07 (1.9%) to $111.12 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,409,875 shares of United Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,866,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $110.07-$111.20 after having opened the day at $110.24 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.05. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Esterline Technologies ( ESL), up 4.2%, Innovative Solutions and Support ( ISSC), up 2.9%, Embraer S.A ( ERJ), up 2.5% and Sifco Industries ( SIF), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full United Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.