- SMG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.8 million.
- SMG has traded 870,761 shares today.
- SMG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SMG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SMG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SMG: The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company is engaged in manufacturing, marketing, and selling consumer lawn and garden care products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. SMG has a PE ratio of 22.6. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Scotts Miracle Gro a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Scotts Miracle Gro has been 298,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Scotts Miracle Gro has a market cap of $3.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 0.92 and a short float of 7.3% with 5.79 days to cover. Shares are up 35.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Scotts Miracle Gro as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SMG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 50.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 42.95% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.56 versus $1.79 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.17 versus $2.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 51.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$40.10 million to -$19.40 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SCOTTS MIRACLE-GRO CO has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Scotts Miracle Gro Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.