Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Intel ( INTC) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Intel as such a stock due to the following factors:
- INTC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $959.9 million.
- INTC traded 67,213 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:51 AM.
- INTC is up 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INTC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INTC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on INTC: Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells integrated digital technology platforms worldwide. The company operates through PC Client Group, Data Center Group, Other Intel Architecture, Software and Services, and All Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.8%. INTC has a PE ratio of 12.7. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Intel a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 16 rate it a hold. The average volume for Intel has been 32.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Intel has a market cap of $117.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 5% with 6.33 days to cover. Shares are up 14.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intel as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTC's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Although INTC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.24 is very low, it is currently higher than that of the industry average. To add to this, INTC has a quick ratio of 1.65, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $5,731.00 million or 11.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.89%.
- The gross profit margin for INTEL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 76.84%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 21.87% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Intel Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.