Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Kroger ( KR) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Kroger fell $1.46 (-3.5%) to $40.06 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,179,852 shares of Kroger exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,459,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.56-$41.66 after having opened the day at $41.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.52. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: New York & Company ( NWY), down 14.3%, Wet Seal ( WTSL), down 13.8%, J.C. Penney ( JCP), down 8.4% and Rite Aid Corporation ( RAD), down 6.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Kroger Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.