Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Radian Group ( RDN) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Radian Group rose $0.16 (1.1%) to $14.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,507,525 shares of Radian Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,385,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.52-$14.81 after having opened the day at $14.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.45. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: National Security Group ( NSEC), up 4.5%, Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 2.6%, MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 2.4% and AMERISAFE ( AMSF), up 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Radian Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.