- KR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $127.1 million.
- KR has traded 1.3 million shares today.
- KR traded in a range 211.8% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.27.
- KR traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 56 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 56 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KR: The Kroger Co., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer in the United States. The company also manufactures and processes food for sale in its supermarkets. It operates retail food and drug stores, multi-department stores, jewelry stores, and convenience stores. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. KR has a PE ratio of 14.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kroger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kroger has been 3.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kroger has a market cap of $21.9 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.85 days to cover. Shares are up 59.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kroger as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- KR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 68.46% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- KROGER CO has improved earnings per share by 17.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KROGER CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.77 versus $0.95 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.80 versus $2.77).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Food & Staples Retailing industry and the overall market, KROGER CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $996.00 million or 36.62% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, KROGER CO has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -45.61%.
- You can view the full Kroger Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.