- NLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $161.9 million.
- NLY traded 47,281 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:43 AM.
- NLY is down 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NLY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NLY: Annaly Capital Management, Inc. owns, manages, and finances a portfolio of real estate related investments in United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 14%. NLY has a PE ratio of 2.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Annaly Capital Management a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Annaly Capital Management has been 14.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Annaly Capital Management has a market cap of $9.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.15 and a short float of 2.4% with 1.21 days to cover. Shares are down 28.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Annaly Capital Management as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for ANNALY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT is currently very high, coming in at 91.13%. Regardless of NLY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, NLY's net profit margin of 29.04% compares favorably to the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has decreased by 14.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $224.76 million to $192.46 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $810.87 million or 77.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Annaly Capital Management Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.