Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Southwest Airlines ( LUV) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Southwest Airlines fell $0.38 (-2.1%) to $17.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,254,769 shares of Southwest Airlines exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,883,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.73-$18.22 after having opened the day at $18.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.28. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: FreeSeas ( FREE), down 13.9%, Covenant Transportation Group ( CVTI), down 3.7%, Pacer International ( PACR), down 3.0% and Globus Maritime ( GLBS), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Southwest Airlines Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.