Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Progressive Corporation ( PGR) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Progressive Corporation fell $0.45 (-1.6%) to $27.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,484,517 shares of Progressive Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,350,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.32-$27.88 after having opened the day at $27.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.90. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: State Auto Financial Corporation ( STFC), down 3.5%, Citizens ( CIA), down 3.1%, American National Insurance ( ANAT), down 2.2% and United Fire Group ( UFCS), down 2.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Progressive Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.