Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials fell $0.51 (-3.0%) to $16.61 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 24,726,897 shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,625,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.46-$17.11 after having opened the day at $17.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.12. Other companies within the Electronics industry that declined today were: Methode Electronics ( MEI), down 10.5%, GigOptix ( GIG), down 10.3%, SL Industries ( SLI), down 7.0% and Netlist ( NLST), down 6.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.