Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sony Corporation ( SNE) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Sony Corporation fell $0.52 (-2.8%) to $17.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,945,524 shares of Sony Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,920,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.75-$18.03 after having opened the day at $18.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.41. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Marine Products Corporation ( MPX), down 5.0%, Mattress Firm ( MFRM), down 4.8%, Emerson Radio ( MSN), down 4.6% and Elecsys Corporation ( ESYS), down 4.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Sony Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.