Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. DryShips ( DRYS) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, DryShips rose $0.05 (1.5%) to $3.40 on light volume. Throughout the day, 10,450,140 shares of DryShips exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15,854,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.26-$3.42 after having opened the day at $3.33 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.35. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Genco Shipping & Trading ( GNK), up 10.7%, Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), up 10.3%, Teekay Tankers ( TNK), up 9.1% and Frontline ( FRO), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full DryShips Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.