Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Yamana Gold ( AUY) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Yamana Gold rose $0.39 (4.6%) to $8.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,158,442 shares of Yamana Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,064,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $8.44-$8.83 after having opened the day at $8.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.41. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Tonix Pharmaceuticals ( TNXP), up 30.1%, Oxford Resource Partners ( OXF), up 11.5%, Prospect Global Resources ( PGRX), up 9.3% and Seabridge Gold ( SA), up 9.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Yamana Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.